Wednesday 25 September 2013

Contrary Polish Ain't No Sunshine & Somebody Loved

Pin It
I really wanted the Contrary Polish Valentines Day collection this year but it was constantly sold out for months or I was too poor when it was in stock!
I finally ended my year long Llarowe abstinence in order to grab a couple. Grrr shipping fees and price jack ups, grrrrrr (though CP isn't pricey, lots of the others brands are :( ).


Contrary Polish Ain't No Sunshine



 Ain't No Sunshine is a concrete grey leaning dusty blue with beautiful pearl-white flakes. It is a moodier version of Illamasqua Raindrops (one of my number 1 lemmings!!!). Application was ok, I think I ended up using 3 thin coats to get it even and opaque, the formula leans towards the thicker end of the spectrum.
I'm so happy to have it!!! Love the song and the shimmery flakes are to die for!!!


 Contrary Polish Somebody Loved



Somebody Loved disappointed me majorly!!! I was led to believe looked like these swatches, but instead it's a dirty taupe leaning pink with real subtle copper shimmer :( Maybe they changed the formula at some point? I don't exactly dislike the colour, it's just not what I wanted, I already have a few dirty pinks and they don't look too good on me. The formula is a wee bit thick, but very manageable in two thin coats.


Have you bought any polish lately that looks nothing like the swatches online?


xxx
NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...